Therapy, Coaching and Supervision
Dr Bruce Lipton in his book The Biology of Belief “demonstrates how the new science of Epigenetics is revolutionizing our understanding of the link between mind and matter and the profound effects it has on our personal lives and the collective life of our species” He explains how our perceptions, our thoughts affect every cell in the body. In his blog July 2018 Bruce talks about how;
“Science has recently illuminated the molecular pathway by which the nervous system translates consciousness into blood chemistry, which in turn, directly shapes the epigenetic fate of our cells. These cellular mechanisms represent the molecular master switches through which thoughts, attitudes, and beliefs create the conditions of our body and life experiences.
This is also explored by Dr Robert Lanza who wrote the book Biocentrism an exciting concept that states that life creates the Universe and not the other way around.
For those interested, Dr Burce lipton has created a one hour utube talk called The Biology of Belief showing how our perceptions are turning on and off genes.
It has also been repeatedly published by Neuroscientists that 95% of our behaviour, actions, decisions and emotions are coming from the programming in the Subconscious mind. That means that only 5% of our awareness comes from the Conscious mind. So positive thinking alone does not have the power to bring long term changes. We need to go straight to the Subconscious. If our thoughts are affecting every cell in our body we need to take very seriously what it is that we believe.
Life keeps giving us the same experiences until we are often motivated to go to a Psychologist to seek change. Why does that happen? – because the same programme keeps bringing us the same result. It is like the person receiving the same partner over and over again and wondering why? If this was occurring In therapy we would be exploring the persons perception of what they understand worth/value to be. Looking at the structure from which this belief came from. Questioning it and exploring what worth actually is. We may look at the persons beliefs about Women and Men and a lot more. We will be looking at the essence of what is happening in the Events of each client and finding what they need to understand to bring about change.
Fiona can now utilise this body of research explored through epigenics and biocentrism and move it directly into her practice with the latest in Bio-medical Resonance software. These ideas can now be actively explored with immediate real time feedback. Fiona will be using with the client her deep knowledge of psychotherapy combining it with the assistance of the software to gain clarity into what belief systems are needing to change and why, and the subsequent impact on the clients health. This gives the client great motivation for change. This process enables clients to feel empowered, to know they can influence their current reality, their health and wellbeing by seeing the results when a correct change in perception brings different experiences into their life.
Fiona will be utilising different therapies according to each client’s needs and each session will be focused on increasing the client’s well being, decreasing stress and working with the main concerns of the client.
- Coaching will be emphasised when working with the clients potential.
- The clients goals – objective/s will be clarified.
- There will be a step by step guide to achieving the objective which will be discussed during the process of counselling.
- This will be tailored according to the clients personal needs and aspirations.
- The needs and values of the client will be reflected in the goals/objective and motivation and resources will be explored as they influence how and when the objective will be achieved.
- Fiona will provide Clinical Supervision for students enrolled in the Graduate Certificate in Emotionally Focused Counselling and Graduate Diploma of Emotionally Focused Therapy.
- Supervision aims to deepen students’ understanding of the Emotionally Focused Therapy model, strengthen their case conceptualisation skills and develop Emotionally Focused Therapy counselling and therapy skills.